The list of women who have accused Hollywood figures of sexual misconduct, and even crimes, keeps growing daily: On Thursday, a third woman accused Emmy-winning actor Jeremy Piven of sexual harassment and assault.
This third accuser, Tiffany Bacon Scourby, 39, an advertising executive in Washington, D.C., said she is speaking up now after 14 years of silence because she’s indignant about Piven’s fervent denials of the allegations of the two other accusers, reality TV star and Playboy Playmate Ariane Bellamar and Longmire actress Cassidy Freeman.
Scourby told Peopleshe traveled to New York for a business meeting in 2003 and met Piven at a club. “He was very nice to me,” she said, and she agreed to be his guest when he appeared on Late Night with Conan O’Brien the next day.
The following day, she met Piven at the Trump International Hotel & Tower, where he was staying, and within five minutes of sitting next to him on a couch in his room, he jumped on top of her. As she tried to push him off, he forced her to the ground, she said, then exposed his genitals and began rubbing them against her body while holding down her hands.
After he ejaculated “all over my white turtleneck,” she pushed him off and ran for the door. “I rubbed my chest against the wall to get his (semen) off of my sweater. I ran outside and hailed a cab and I just burst into tears. I cried the entire way back to my hotel.”
Scourby says she called a longtime friend from the cab and recounted what had happened. People reported the unnamed friend corroborated her story.
Late Thursday, Piven posted a lengthy denial on Twitter.
“Let me begin by saying that the accusations against me are absolutely false and completely fabricated. I would never force myself on a woman. Period. I have offered to take a polygraph to support my innocence. I keep asking myself, ‘How does one prove something that didn’t happen?’ ”
He said he wouldn’t speculate on motivations of the accusers, and reiterated that he hoped “false accusations” do not detract from the “stories that should be heard.” He said he wanted to begin a “constructive dialogue” on issues of sexual harassment, “which are real and need to be addressed.”
“We seem to be entering dark times — allegations are being printed as facts and lives are being put in jeopardy without a hearing, due process or evidence. I hope we can give people the benefit of the doubt before we rush to judgment,” he wrote.
“Let me be absolutely clear, this simply did not happen. I would never force myself on a woman, ever. I cannot speak as to why a person would create a story like this,” the magazine quoted his statement.
More: List: All of the Hollywood power players accused of sexual assault or harassment
Scourby told People she “never thought about saying anything” about her alleged encounter with Piven, 52, until she saw Piven’s denial of Bellamar’s allegations, issued through his rep, Jennifer Allen.
“I unequivocally deny the appalling allegations being peddled about me,” said Piven, best known as the star of HBO’s Entourage and PBS’ Mr. Selfridge. “It did not happen. It takes a great deal of courage for victims to come forward with their histories, and my hope is that the allegations about me that didn’t happen, do not detract from stories that should be heard.”
Bellamar alleged that Piven groped her twice, once in his trailer on the Entourage set, when he allegedly grabbed her breasts and bottom, and the other at the Playboy Mansion. Freeman, in an Instagram post, suggested she had an unwanted encounter with Piven of a sexual nature but didn’t specify what happened.
“I 100% believe she’s being honest,” Scourby said of Bellamar. “It couldn’t have just happened to me and couldn’t have just happened to her.”
CBS, which airs Piven’s new series, Wisdom of the Crowd, said in a statement last week that “we are aware of the media reports (about Bellamar’s allegations) and are looking into the matter.”